This cute and fun game is about penguins adventures, as you might guess from its name “Penguins Journey”. An amazing story about a “leader” penguin is told at the beginning of the game. It turns out that some wild, brave penguin, has been captured by an ugly captain, and taken to a penguins farm. This leader leads a great escape from it, but he is going to need your help to succeed. Since they’re in the middle of the jungle they need to cross some rivers around them, and curiously instead of swimming they need a bridge. Your mission is to build that bridge as they come marching, before they fall down into the water.
To build the bridge you are provided of wooden hexagons, sometimes individual hexagons and sometimes set in arrangements of two or three of them. Some empty hexagon cells are drawn on the water, so you have to place the wooden hexagons on the cells to build the bridge. Every cell has to be covered to assure that no penguin will fall down. To place the hexagons just click on the empty cell with your left mouse button. If you need to rotate the arrangement, before placing the hexagons click with your right mouse button to rotate them.
You can use different bonuses by clicking on their images on the top left corner of the screen. You can use:
- A Camera: to temporarily freeze the penguins with the flash and gain some time.
- A Trowel: to fix the bridge if there is some hole on it.
- A Hammer: to brake off pieces of the bridge that you don’t need.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Start Game: this option leads you to the game, but it shows you the introduction first. You can skip it at any time.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound volume, music volume, high quality, true color, wide screen, and full screen.
- Instructions: this option leads you to a card-style help which teach you how to play.
- High Scores: to see the highest records.
- Quit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows 2000; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Graphics Card DirectX 8.1 compatible
- DirectX Version DirectX 8.1
- Processor Speed (MHz) 1,000
- HD Space (GB) 100
- RAM (MB) 256
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported